To obtain a position sailing as a deck officer.
Military Sealift Command, Norfolk, VA March 2009 - December 2009
3rd Officer (W) USNS Laramie T-AO 203
• Watch officer for 8-12 Watch underway and various inport watches.
• Helm Safety Officer for Underway Replenishment Operations.
• Completed Requirements for Tankerman PIC endorsement.
• CBR-D Officer and Assistant Damage Control Officer.
• Inspected Lifeboats and other Safety Equipment.
• Assistant Ship Security Officer, assisted 1/O in conducting security drills and procedures.
Military Sealift Command Sept, 2008 - March 2009
Able Seaman- USNS Zeus
• Completed all MSC training courses.
• Participated in cargo operations.
• Assisted in all cable operations.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Buzzards Bay, MA Aug, 2008
3rd Officer USTS Enterprise
• Stood navigation watches as 3rd mate for 2008 Orientation Cruise
• Supervised the mooring of the vessel.
• Lifeboat Officer
• Stood inport watches
• Conducted inspection of the vessels safety equipment
Military Sealift Command Jan, 2007 - Feb, 2007
Deck Midshipman- USNS Big Horn T-AO 198
• Assisted Deck Officers in carrying out the safe navigation of the vessel.
• Participated in all aspects of the vessels underway replenishment mission.
• Participated in Afloat Team Training which focused on shipboard firefighting, damage control, general safety, and CBD-R training.
• Took part in ship board helicopter operations.
• Corrected various nautical publications and charts.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Buzzards Bay, MA May, 2007 – May 2008
Cadet Third Mate Supply- USTS Enterprise Sea Term 2008
• Coordinated and trained Cadets on lifeboats, cargo, firefighting, deck maintenance, seamanship, and shipboard orientation/characteristics.
• Responsible for the inventory, storage, and distribution for supplies on board USTS Enterprise.
• Stood navigation watches and focused on celestial navigation.
• Completed Senor Cruise with a B and passed all required STCW requirements.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Buzzards Bay, MA June, 2006- June 2008
Assistant to the Deputy Commandant of Cadets
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Commandant's Office.
• Assists with coordination of Academy functions and events.
• Implement new system of organization of information for the department.
• Trained incoming cadet- candidates during indoctrination.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Buzzards Bay, MA
Bachelor of Science Marine Transportation
June 21, 2008- Third Mate Oceans Unlimited
United States Coast Guard License – THIRD MATE
Steam and Motor Vessels, Any Gross Tons, Upon Oceans. Radar Observer.
Serial No. 1205946, Issue No. 01, Issued June 21, 2008.
Officer-in-Charge of the Navigational Watch – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Defense Officer- Military Sealift Command
ISPS Maritime Security /CSO/VSO/ FSO – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Unlimited Radar Endorsement– Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA) – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Bridge Resource Management – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
GMDSS Radio Operator’s License– Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Marine Radio Operator’s License– Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Advanced Fire Fighting – Massachusetts Fire Academy/Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Medical Care Provider – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Hazardous Material Handling - Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Ordinance Hazard Awareness- Military Sealift Command
Explosive Cargo Handling and Stowage Course- Military Sealift Command
Expandable Baton- Military Sealift Command
Shipboard Security Tactics- Military Sealift Command
Explosive Material Handling Equipment Operator Course- Military Sealift Command
Tankship Dangerous Liquids Course – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Crude Oil Washing and Inert Gas Systems- Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Basic Safety Training/BST – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Global Maritime Distress & Safety System (70-hours) – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Shiphandling Course – Massachusetts Maritime Academy
MMP/MITAGS Diesel Engines– Massachusetts Maritime Academy
• Third Officer USTS Enterprise
• Cadet-Third Mate Supply
• Assistant-Division Leader
• Student Government Officer
• 2008 Propeller Club of the United States Port of Boston Award.