To work in a challenging, dynamic and professional environment which shall enable
me to contribute towards the organizational goals and in turn enable me to achieve recognition and propel forward my future prospects.
• 5 years sailing experience on container vessels in Merchant Navy
• Strong Vessel Management & Cargo Management abilities
• Hands on knowledge on various operational aspects like Navigation, machinery usage etc.
• Managed multi national/ Muti cultural clients (onsite and offshore)
• Experienced in working in multi cultural environment
• Monitoring and maintaining the ship's equipment
• Ensuring sea-worthiness and supervising cargo operations
• Ship position fixing and communications
• Specific responsibilities for occupational health and safety (and associated documentation)
• Accident investigation/reports
• Crew induction, safety training, and the inspection and maintenance of firefighting and life-saving equipment.
• Correction and updating of navigation charts and nautical publications, and for passage planning, which is the navigation plan for the intended voyage from berth to berth.
• Navigating the vessel, using a range of satellite and radar systems and equipment
• Supervising the operation and maintenance of deck machinery, eg winches and cranes.
• B.Sc. Nautical Sciences from T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai.
• 2nd Mate F.G. License from Mercantile Marine Department, India.
• Supervising cargo operations
• Maintaining legal and operational records, eg the ship's log.
• Undertaking essential administration, including budgets, accounts, stock and cargo records;
• Monitoring navigation and weather reports and taking appropriate action;
• Keeping up to date with developments in maritime legal, commercial and political matters.
• Continually pursuing higher operating efficiency
• Maintaining strict, safe operation and navigation standards