Prefer to obtain OOW position on AHT, OSV or Drillship or rig, with company willing to hire me on the premise that I will obtain DP certification soonest,
- have 20 years experience as deck officer - 3rd, 2nd & 1st
Mate on dry bulkers, self-unloading dry bulkers (discharge capacities 3000-4500 tph) and some limited tankers
- voyages ranging from Great Lakes to east cost Canada & USA, high Canadian Arctic, GOM, northern Europe and some South America voyages.
- have also total of 6 years marine shore-side experience as a vessel operator (Fednav International - Montreal, Canada), Manager, Transportation Services (Canada Steamship Lines - Montreal, Canada) and past experience as a cargo surveyor. (Warnock Hersey International, Saybolt Canada & Caleb Brett).
- 2 years completed in community college in Architectural-Civil Technology
- college-level equivalent in marine studies
- university-level certificate in computer programming & systems analysis (now over 20 years ago, so somewhat old programming...).
- OOW Canadian - 2nd Mate FG or 1st Mate HT (coastal)
- BRM with ECDIS and Passage Planning
- SSO - Ship Security Officer Course.
- excellent verbal and written English
- excellent experience & knowledge of shore-side procedures and marine documentation - as Charter Parties, Bills of Lading, NORs, surveys, etc.
- experience in the cost analysis of new trades
- limited experience in legal aspects and potential pitfalls of marine shipping
- am a good listener and am very diplomatic and get along with people of all nationalities
- can speak French.