Preference to obtain position as 2nd/3rd Mate on OSV/AHT or similar.
- approx. 15 years experience as 1st, 2nd or 3rd Mate on dry bulkers, including conveyor-type self-unloading vessels (discharge rates up to 5000 tph) and in DWT range 7000-37000 tonne;
- voyages included Great Lakes, East Coast US & Canada, GOM, South America, Northern Europe and high Arctic;
- have also held shore-side positions in marine marketing, ship operator, agency and cargo surveying (both 'wet' and 'dry').
- 2MFG/1MHT / l'Institute Maritime du Quebec, at Montreal (1995);
- Computer Applications Programming Cert. / Concordia University, Montreal (1987);
- 2-year collegial studies in Civil/Architectural Design / Cegep Dawson / Vanier (1974 & 1976).
- 2MFG/1MHT / STCW '95;
- GMDSS (Montreal, QC);
- SSO (Ship Security Officer) Certificate (Montreal, QC);
- MED A1, B1, B2, C & D - for fire-fighting & sea-survival (Pictou, Halifax, NS & St-Romauld, QC);
- BRM, ECDIS (Ship Safety, Providence, RI);
- St. Lawrence River Pilotage Simulator (King's Point, NY).
- good listener, diplomatic;
- a 'people' person;
- able to maintain one's wits while under pressure;
- able to think 'outside the box';
- readily open to new ideas, processes, procedures;
- willing to listen to other persons' ideas, whether these persons be at a junior or senior level to own position.
Have a good working knowledge of the French language.