To obtain a position in the marine industry utilizing my diverse experience in areas of management, leadership, training and education.
P2S - Plant Performance Services June 2010 – September 2010
• Emergency Beach Clean-Up – BP Oil Spill Mississippi Canyon 252
• Operated all support light equipment and heavy equipment including articulating front-end loaders.
• Responsible for supplying Personal Protection Equipment, UTV’s, tractors, articulating front-end loaders trucks, trailers, personal waste removal, lunches, ice, water to crews on beach, bringing contaminated material off of beach for proper disposal, equipment inspections and control, interacting with third party auditors and other companies i.e.: OSHA, USCG, BP Safety, Fluor Safety, food service inspection and quality control, R.E.A.D. (Resource Advisors), Nation Park officials, State Park officials, law enforcement, Waste Management, etc. Supervised 50 plus workers in logistics department.
Freelance Captain – Yacht Deliveries and care 2002 - Present
Pleasure Island/Sky High Parasail 2009 – Present
Gulf Shores, AL
• Shuttle customers from Gulf Shores Beach, AL to parasail boat in gulf.
Riverfront Facilities / City of Montgomery Spring 2009
Montgomery, AL Sub-Contractor
Relief Captain/First Mate
• Worked on the riverboat “Harriott II” (94’ 97 Ton – 700 HP) running dinner/private and lunch cruises.
MedStaffing, Inc. 2007 – 2008
• Medical Personnel Recruiter working to place pharmacists and nurses in the Southeastern region
• Work with hospitals and clinics to meet staffing needs
• Utilize electronic networking as well as personal contacts to find potential clients and candidates
Diver Services, Inc. 2002 - 2007
• Captained recreational dive charters and ran in-shore commercial diving operations from Destin, FL to Orange Beach, AL
• SSI trained and licensed SCUBA instructor
• General yacht services: mechanical, structural and cosmetic repairs
• Diving services include: instruction, salvage, video, bottom cleaning, inspection and other general underwater services
• Sold service aspect of business but still own 36’ Navy LCPL “Raving Mad” converted to a dive boat and currently run dive charters out of Pensacola, FL
• Yacht Broker and yacht deliveries for Yacht Central, Inc.
• Marketed yachts of various sizes and classes to buyers nationwide
• Delivered yachts for clients throughout the Gulf of Mexico, inland rivers and the Bahamas
• Marine construction – demo and rebuild / new construction of seawalls and docks – crane work, articulating front-end loaders, barges, pumps and numerous light equipment
• Logistics for salvage and demolition projects
Scuba Shack 2001 – 2002
• Part time deck hand, captain, guide and scuba instructor aboard the 50’ (23 Ton) custom dive boat “Wet Dream”
Knock On Wood Furniture 1993 – 2001
Manager / Owner
• Managed all advertising and marketing efforts including print, television and radio
• Used QuickBooks and Microsoft Office for bookkeeping and inventory control
• Managed and trained sales persons
Allen Test Products 1992 – 1993
• Solicited new customers for computer diagnostics equipment, information and bookkeeping hardware and software for the automotive industry
• Managed 175 accounts in lower Alabama and the Florida panhandle
• Hands-on sales, training and marketing
Pentech Alloys, Inc. 1989 – 1992
• Operated scrap metal recycling facility working primarily with area military bases specializing in high-temp nickel alloys
• Bid on military contracts to purchase scrap metal and sold company’s services to commercial clients
• Conformed to local, state and federal environmental compliances
• Operated cranes, articulating loaders, roll-off trucks, dump trucks, forklifts, etc.
Southern Scrap Company 1985 – 1988
Scale Operator / Operations Manager / Logistics
• Priced and bought scrap metal from local businesses and non-commercial clients
• Supervised up to twenty employees, including material handlers, heavy equipment operators and material receiving and shipping.
• Safety coordinator for operation, meeting OSHA and State of Florida safety standards
• Logistics for demolition and clean-up at power and chemical plants, paper mills
• Heavy equipment operations including cranes, articulating loaders, roll-off trucks, articulating dump trucks, tractor-trailer rigs, forklifts, etc.
2004 – Pensacola Junior College – AA with concentration in Business and Science.
• 100 Ton Master - Captain’s License w/ STCW 95 #1149402
• “TWIC” card - Expires June 22, 2011
• “Z” card – U.S. Merchant Mariner’s Document #090225 Expires June 22, 2011
• CPR and Basic First Aid - American Red Cross
• HAZWOPER – 40 Hour Training
• OSHA – 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program
• Member – Maritime Consortium (Drug Free Certification)
• NIMS – Introduction to the Incident Command System ICS-100
• Assistance Towing
• Flashing Lights
• Basic and Advanced Firefighting
• Radar Observer Unlimited
• Medical Care Provider
• STCW 95 - Basic Safety Training w / CPR / First Aid
• Marine Radio Operator Permit
• Able Seaman
• Bridge Resource Management
• SCUBA Diving Instructor, Scuba Schools International (SSI)
• Private Pilot Certificate, Single Engine, Fixed Wing, Current Member– Pensacola Navy Flying Club – Pensacola Regional Airport
• United States Passport Expires 01 April 2013
• Equipment Operating Experience – cranes with grapples and general lifting, articulating
front-end loaders, articulating and straight dump trucks, back-hoe and small excavators,
roll-off trucks, tractor trailer rigs, dozers, farm tractors, various skid steer, various forklifts,
various torches and cutting equipment, welding, dredge pumps, various light demolition