- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
Wilhelmsen Ship Management is currently looking for a Vessel Manager in our Pasadena, TX office. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Vessel Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and environmentally conscious operation of the vessels assigned, typical 3-5 vessels. This include compliance with statutory and industry recommended rules and regulations, giving particular attention to the ISM/ISPS/MLC codes, flag and class requirements and all technical engineering matters.
This position requires attending dry dockings, repairs and surveys as necessary, and to carry out a minimum of 2 onboard vessel inspections per year. You will have budgetary responsibility for the vessels’ operating expenses, including crewing costs, stores, Lubes, R&M and dry-dockings. You will be required to produce technical reports to clients in accordance with their requirements.
In addition, you will provide technical support to the Fleet Manager and act as back-up to the other Vessel Managers as required.
· Suitable candidates will ideally have sailed to the rank of Chief Engineer or Master and have a minimum of 5 years’ shore-based experience in a similar role
· Good command of oral and written English.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Environmental focused
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills to develop close relationships with shipboard staff, vessel owners, charterers as well as internal and external support functions.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the USA.
- Apply Instructions
Please fill out our application at