Marine Electrical Planner
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Employment type
- Full Time
• 3-5 years’ experience as electrical planner in shipyard. Associates or Bachelor degree not required, but a plus.
• Ability to develop equipment specifications and review vendor documents to ensure technical compliance.
• Knowledge of applicable CFR USCG, IEEE, ABYC, and other Federal regulations.
• Proficient with AutoCAD. (2010 or higher)
• Proficiency with Rhinoceros (3D) software, a plus.
Blount Boats is a shipyard located in Warren, Rhode Island. The shipyard specializes in the design and construction of steel and aluminum commercial vessels up to 220 feet. Blount currently has multiple vessels under contract and is seeking a marine electrical planner with CAD ability to assist our engineering department.
Responsible for providing electrical planning during proposal, design, and construction stages for vessel projects with strict adherence to contract specifications.
Duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide electrical planning during proposal, design and construction stages for vessel projects with strict adherence to contract specifications.
• Prepares the design of electrical drawings & vessel load analysis for submission to USCG or ABS.
• Works with project engineer to develop single line diagrams, layout & section drawings, raceway systems, grounding systems, and bill of materials.
• Write material order requisitions and obtain quotes from shipyard vendors.
• Generate hot work packages for Fab Shop submission.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Apply Instructions
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org