- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
SubCom is the leading global partner for today's undersea data transport requirements. SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, maintains, and operates the industry's most reliable fiber optic cable networks. Its flexible solutions include repeaterless to ultra-long-haul, offshore oil and gas, scientific applications, and marine services. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery, and meet the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed over 200 networks - enough undersea cable to circle Earth more than 17 times at the equator.
For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
The Cable Splicer is responsible for connecting cables that were laid undersea by Subsea Communication's division. This person could spend up to 180 days of the year on a ship at sea.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Cable Splicer is required to travel (domestic and foreign) extensively in performance of their job
- Construction of cable joints
- Maintenance and repair of jointing equipment
- Jointing inventory control
- Replenishment of materials
- Assist in the Cable Control Room
- Cable handling
- Post operation reporting
- Ensure that training records are kept current
- Supervise CAB Splicer Jointer Assistants
- Perform quality self-inspections of the jointing and splicing processes
- Certify the over molded product through x-ray examination
- While assigned to shipboard installation or repair work, the Cable Jointer shall ensure that all jointing equipment is in working order and that materials are adequate for the task at hand
- Work could be performed ashore as well as aboard cable ships or barges with various duties for jointing and cable operations
- The Cable Jointer shall be familiar with procedures for splicing the variety of cables on the project they are assigned
- Mechanical ability required
- ISO Quality is a plus
- Document Management System is a plus
- Radiology & Impact-O-Graph Reading is a plus
- Millennia Jointing & Universal Jointing is a plus
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
- Apply Instructions