1st Assistant Engineer
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
Our Company is searching for qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Engineer aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels.
- Safely manning an Engineering Watch
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Preventative Maintenance System
- Maintain Engine and Deck Equipment such as Air Compressors, Winches, Sewage Units, Ballast Pumps, Potable Water Pumps, and OWS
- Other duties assigned by the Vessel’s Chief Engineer
- Passport and allowed entry into the Canada
- Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) issued by the USCG
- Endorsement as 1 Assistant Engineer Unlimited of Motor Propelled Vessels
- Transportation Worker Identification (TWIC) issued by TSA
- Excellent communication and team work skills as well as the ability to multi-task
Why Choose Grand River Navigation?
- As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family where Teamwork and safety are a core value
- Highly competitive wages and benefits
- The best leave system in the industry
- We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
- Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
- Excellent safety record
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
- Apply Instructions
Apply online at: https://recruiting.
Grand River Navigation Company
Grand River Navigation Company is the U.S. operating subsidiary of Rand Logistics Corporation. Together with our Canadian sister company, Lower Lakes Towing Ltd., we are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today with a combined fleet of 18 bulk freight vessel is service to over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.