Seeking a position in challenging working environment (Marine Surveyor) to utilize my technical skills for attaining organizational and personal goals.
I have 10 years experience as a Chief Engineer, mostly on Oil Tankers. These ships were time chartered by OCIEF affiliated Oil Companies such as B.P, Shell, Exxon Mobil, Eni, TeeKay and Petro Bras. During this period I prepared ships for vetting inspections. My knowledge in the field of ship vetting inspections can be very useful for Vetting Survey.
As a Chief Engineer my liaison with surveyors in carrying out Class and Port State Surveys help me develop my skills as a surveyor.
I have taken deliveries of an Aferamax Tanker and a Panamax Bulk Carrier. I spend more then a month in Shipyard before each delivery carrying out inspections of hull structures, deck and engine machineries with class surveyors which enhance my knowledge about Marine surveying.
Apart from taken deliveries of two ships I served on two other ships during Guarantee periods, which further improve my knowledge of report writing.
Overall I have an experience of more then 23 years of all type of ships the latest one being 2005 built and it can be very useful in the field of Marine Surveying.
My brief employment history is as follows:
• 1999 – Present: Entice Shipping Services, Karachi, Pakistan.
• 1993 – 1999: Terra Marine (Pvt) Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan.
• 1991 – 1993: National Tanker Company, Karachi, Pakistan.
• 1983 – 1991: Gulfeast Ship Management Ltd, Hong Kong.
• Operation and Maintenance Training Course for Sulzer RT-flex 58T-B Engines from Winterthur, Switzerland.
• Chief Engineer’s Certificate of Competency Course from South Tyneside College, South Shields (U.K).
• Marine Control Systems Course from South Tyneside College.
• Marine Electrical Maintenance Course from South Tyneside College.
• 4-Year Marine Engineer Apprenticeship from Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works, Karachi (Pakistan).
• Class 1 Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) from United Kingdom.
• Fire Fighting Training Certificate.
• Medical First Aid at Sea.
• Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques.
• Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat.
• Advanced Training Program on Oil Tanker Operation.
• Administration Maintenance Operation System.
Proficient in MS Window, MS Word, MS Excel & Internet.
Worked as a Chief Engineer on following Main Engines:
1. SULZER, 6 RT Flex 58T-B (MCR: 12,000 KW @ 103 rpm).
2. MAN B&W, 7S 50MC-C (MCR: 9,210 KW @ 109.3 rpm).
3. SULZER, 6 RTA 58T (MCR: 12,000 KW @ 103 rpm).
4. SULZER, 6 RTA 62 (MCR: 14,200 KW @ 103 rpm).
I am a Permanent Resident of USA.