- Corporate / Senior Management
Personal Data: Name: Norbert Buro Date of birth: July 07, 1959 Place of birth: Bremen, Germany Family Status: Unmarried Address: Mary-Astell-Str. 15,
28359 Bremen, Germany
- Ph. D. (Doktor-Ingenieur) , University of the Federal Armed Forces Germany, Hamburg
- Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E., USA), System and Control, University of Michigan, USA
- Dipl.-Ing. (Master Degree) from Technical University of Berlin, Naval Architecture (Schiffstechnik)
- Chief Engineer, STCW-License
- Qualified Welding Engineer (SLV München)
- Management Education at Robert Bosch GmbH
- Project-Manager Hochtief GeoSea Infrasea Solutions (HGO), Windpower Offshore. Design, Construction and Operation of Jack-up Vessels and corresponding Technology.
- Professor at Hochschule Bremerhaven
- Research Engineer Automotive with Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany
- Head of Laboratory, Lab for Mechatronics, University Hamburg
- Research Engineer, Fraunhofer Institut IML, Dortmund
- Marine Officer (Merchant Navy), Shipping Company Hamburg-Süd
- Consultant and Teaching Fellow in Industrial Management, Hochschule Hamburg
- German, English, Spanish, (French).
Professional Occupations: Feb 10 … Aug 15 Project-Manager with Hochtief AG (HGO Infrasea Solutions).
Design, Building and Operation of M/V Innovation, Heavy Lift Jack-up vessel
- Project Definition and Predesign of the Jack-up vessel M/V Innovation
- Design of the Jacking System including Drive Technology
- Building Specification for M/V Innovation
- Negotiations with Shipyards and Subcontractors worldwide, selection of Crist S.A.
- Building Supervision at Shipyard and Subcontractors
- DNV/GL classification achieved
- Low cycle fatigue experiments with racks for 6 month, 1 Mio Euro
- Operational Management M/V Innovation
- Counseling for the court case HGO ./. Crist (Shipyard)
Since Nov 07 Professor at Hochschule Bremerhaven
Achievements: Creation Master-Course Embedded System Design, Rebuilding of Test Stand, Introduction of a IT-Infrastructure for Engineering Simulation
- Project-Management for the Automation of Combustion Engine Test-Stand, Invested 290.000,- Euro
- Implementation of a IT-Infrastructure for Computational Mechanics
- Implementation of a Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
- Head of Laboratory, 5 employees
- Creation Master Course Embedded System Design
Jul 02… Nov 07 Research Engineer at Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart, Division Diesel Systems (DS), Department Engineering Technology and Information (ETI)
- Design and Market Introduction of the Common Rail Injektor CRI 2.2
- Design of Test-Software for Production of Injectors
Mär 91… Jun 02
- University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg,
- Concept Design of Frigate F 220 for German Navy
- Cooperation with Shipyard Lürssen and TKM for design studies
- Acoustic optimization of Structural Components
- Participation in Retrofits of various navy vessels, specifically tanker and supply vessels
- Ph. D. conferred
Sep 89... Feb 91 Fraunhofer Gesellschaft/Astrium System-Engineer
- Simulation Model for Tank Sloshing during flight phases for the European space rocket Ariane V
Summer University in den USA. Dec 88... May 89 Internship at company AEG (SAM-Electronics, now Wärtsiliä)
- Development of a Simulation Software for Shaft Generators
Sep 87... Nov 88 Study at University of Michigan, USA, Aerospace Engineering, Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.) conferred. Apr 84... Aug 87 Study at TU Berlin, Naval Architecture, Master in Engineering, Dipl.-Ing. conferred. Professional Occupations: May 81... Mar 84 Marine Officer with Shipping company Hamburg-Süd
- Redesign of the vapor-system on Steam Turbine Ships
- Redesign of burner control for steam boilers
- Qualified Welding Engineer at SLV München,
- Safety courses.
Study: Mar 78 ... Apr 81 Study at Hochschule Bremerhaven, Marine Engineering, degree conferred Dipl.-Ing. (FH).
„Design of a torsional vibratrion damper for the Engine Test-Stand“.
Apprenticeship: Aug 77... Feb 78 Engineer-Assistant with Shipping Company DDG Hansa, Bremen. High School Education: Apr 66... Jul 77 High School in Bremen.