- Shoreside Operations
Loriann W. Davis
Phone: 510-260-5539 Email: email@example.com
Experienced in researching and accessing the published tariff surcharges of ocean carriers for the contract management of ocean freight rates. Analyze and file service contracts and amendments and select pertinent information to be input into database. Knowledge of shipping terms, accessorials, service routes, equipment, ports and world geography. Utilize analytical skills to resolve problems. Outstanding customer service and interpersonal diplomacy skills.
Trade Tech Inc., Oakland, CA (April 2010 – October 2017)
- Prepare new service contracts and amendments for upload and/or data entry into contract management database.
- Research rate discrepancies, monitor industry rate changes.
- Identify and create documents containing rate and tariff source information.
- Interface with container shipping agents to manage and maintain contract data for customers.
- Coordinate with overseas teams to handle issues with customers.
- Run reports to identify changes to carrier’s tradelanes and service routes due to new contracts and amendments.
- Research and analyze ocean freight rates and tariffs to maintain accuracy and integrity of international cargo transactions.
- Quote rates to customers and sales team to verify contract management system integrity after system changes or data updates
Broadlane, Oakland, CA (2007 -- 2009)
- Coordinate meetings with vendors to facilitate healthcare equipment procurement activities.
- Make recommendations to streamline and improve processes for the procurement of capital medical equipment.
- Evaluate proposals and prepare memos requesting approval to issue solicitations, or award of contracts.
- Perform internal liaison work within the various business units to obtain detailed information on contract and project needs.
APL, Oakland, CA (2005 – 2006)
- Identify business requirements of clients to implement appropriate EDI solutions.
- Primary agent for on-boarding of truckers for maritime logistics/intermodal project; design Access database to streamline on-boarding process.
- Create logical maps and implementation guides; ensure trading partner compliance with implementation guidelines.
- Follow transactions through electronic life cycle as part of trading partner certification process. Provide feedback to trading partners who failed certification.
- Coordinate set-up of trading partner connectivity; facilitate data and communications testing with trading partners.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
- Experienced with MySQL Workbench and creating SQL queries
- Microsoft Access certificate, West Contra Costa Adult Education, February 2017
- Sacramento State University Contract Management Certificate Program, 2017
- Official Proficiency Assessment and Certification (OPAC) Typing Certificate (50 net WPM), 2017
- Independent worker, self-motivated, organized, pay close attention to detail
- Quick learner, team player, excellent interpersonal skills
University of Washington – Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Science, Materials Science