Shipyard Director of Operations
- Superintendent / Foreman
- Employment type
- Full Time
- General / Operations Manager
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of shipyard safety
- Proven experience in shipyard supervisory capacity
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in steel and aluminum vessel construction
- Strong structural fabrication background
- Proficiency in welding processes, blueprint reading (all disciplines)
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent computer skills; knowledge of Project Management Software
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with a strong desire to grow both shipyard and personnel capabilities
Blount Boats is seeking an experienced Shipyard Director of Operations who will plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate work required to construct, repair or modify vessels that produces on time deliveries and meets profit targets.
- Plans and schedules daily production work including coordinating work flow, employee assignments, production goals and quality standards.
- Evaluates production performance to assure goals are being met; takes corrective measures to ensure safety, quality, and cost control; chairs weekly Foreman Meeting.
- Participates in hiring and evaluating employees; provides training as needed to improve safety, quality, and quantity in production.
- Primary liaison between Project Managers and Human Resource Manager.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory to assure adequate supply levels
- Supervises vessel haul-out and launch
- Apply Instructions
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements with Shipyard Director of Operations in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
• Competitive Compensation and benefits
• Blount Boats is an equal opportunity employer.