Ship Repair Estimator
- Project Engineering / Project Management
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Project Manager
The Estimator formulates outlines of itemized work descriptions by computing time, engineering, direct costs, and labor estimates for products and projects to develop total project cost; provides a complete and accurate job book for each job to the shipyard superintendent. Manage the prearrival process to achieve a consistent and predictable start schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed labor and material estimates for shipyard/shop work and repairs to be accomplished on Government and Commercial vessels including general cargo, containers, tankers, bulk carriers, tugs, offshore supply vessels, and barges using drawings and specifications as well as on-site ship checks for interference and access problems.
- Keep master purchase orders, options, product pricing up to date to ensure the most accurate estimates.
- Correct existing job books when variances impact production schedules.
- Work closely with Production to ensure all information is represented appropriately.
- Prepare Bid Response Letter to be sent to the customers.
- Manage and complete job book files on assigned dates.
- Generate purchase orders and update master suppliers and subcontractors list.
- Track on-going work and repairs for feedback of material and man-hour estimating effort using all cost reports and purchase order data available, plus on-site observations and direct interface with key production.
- Prepare work breakdown structures to support proposal submittals and establish an execution approach for work requirements with project and production.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum three (3) years of experience in budget/planning/estimating within a shipyard environment.
- Equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will also be considered.
- Must be familiar with working in the ship repair industry.
- Experience and knowledge of shipboard systems, spaces, configuration, as well as labor and material costs necessary to perform repairs, upgrades, alterations and maintenance to same.
- The ability to read drawings, blueprints, standard items, and specifications of work.
Gulf Marine Repair is an EOE/M/F/Vet/ Disability
E-Verify and Drug-Free Workplace
- Apply Instructions