- Shoreside Operations
- Based on Experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Senior Management / Corporate Officer
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new programs and software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strategic mindset with strong ability to grow business and relationships
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of vessel management including vessel operations.
- Experience working within the Maritime industry preferred.
Dispatchers are the points-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation. The Senior Dispatchers work to oversee the entire dispatch team.
- Oversee the entire operations desk
- Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc
- Assign voyages to vessels
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges)
- Regular contact with office employees and managers
- Daily communication with external customers
- Support the ongoing development of a safety first culture
- Work first four (4) Saturdays for training period from 0800 – 1200.
- Saturday & Holiday rotation schedule
- Major Medical
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- The position is Exempt.
- Must comply with all Company policies and procedures, including those that pertain to the Jones Act
- Requires travel and the ability to work long hours to meet required deadlines
Mission: Safety First, the Only Bouchard Way
Bouchard recognizes safety as the top priority. It is the most important service that we can provide our crew, customers and the environment. It is the mission of all Bouchard employees to diligently work to always achieve the following:
- Maintain the safest working environment possible
- Achieve zero incidents impacting the environment
- Achieve zero injuries within the fleet and ashore
- Apply Instructions
Please e-mail resume to humanresources@bouchardtransport.
Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc.
Bouchard Transportation’s history dates back 100 years ago to its incorporation in 1918 by founder, Capt. Fred Bouchard, the youngest tugboat captain in the Port of New York. Bouchard is a family owned business and the nation’s largest independently owned ocean-going petroleum barge company. The company’s areas of operation span all four coasts of the United States: East, Gulf, West and Great Lakes. The fleet consists of 24 barges ranging from 25,000 to 255,000 barrels and 25 tugs ranging from 3,000 to 10,000 horsepower. As the industry goes through a period of great change, Bouchard looks towards the future with progress and adaptation in mind.