- Purchasing / Specification Manager
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare bid awards requiring approval.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for buying/approving the acquisition of goods and services required at the most competitive prices. In addition. they oversee the acquisition of materials needed for production, general supplies, equipment and contracts. This position reports directly to the General Manager and the Corporate Controller as required.
- Apply Instructions
- please log into http://walashek.com/ to apply for the position
Walashek Industrial & Marine
Walashek Industrial & Marine, Inc. is a major provider of services to marine boilers. We have locations in several different areas to serve our customers. Whether it is an emergency repair or a scheduled dry docking, we are prepared to mobilize our resources to any place in the world.
We provide a full range of maritime industrial repair, maintenance, and installation services. We take tremendous pride in our company’s experience and certifications assuring our clients that Walashek can properly execute projects in accordance with stringent specifications and expedited schedules.