Project Manager - Gas Turbine
- Project Engineering / Project Management
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent years of engineering experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-7 years of engineering experience minimum or comparable work/educational experience.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, preferably related to industrial or marine gas turbine field maintenance.
- Ability to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects.
- Assume responsibility for the success of individual projects.
- Works closely with members, contractors, staff to manage projects
- Experience in successful proposal preparation, and marketing activities.
- Responsible for project budgets, schedules, deliverables, and client management.
- Shows maturity of technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capability to communicate technically.
- Technical depth/breadth to be considered a subject matter expert.
- Experience related to industrial or marine gas turbine field and depot maintenance or maintenance management.
- Integrated knowledge of component repair processes: welding, brazing, coating and rotor overhaul.
- Familiarity with systems diagnostics, testing, milestones and final acceptance criteria.
VSE Aviation, Inc.. is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage Gas Turbine maintenance, repair and overhauls (MRO) for large aero-derivative industrial and marine gas turbine engines. This position is located in Alexandria, VA. The ideal candidate would have direct experience with the field operations, repair procedures, life cycle management, and industry MRO service providers. This position will work across numerous technical and staff units to create cost effective options for gas turbine MRO.
Job Functions of this position include:
- Plan, develop, and schedule options for MRO, including direct liaison with potential providers.
- With clients and MRO providers determine schedules for induction, program reviews, testing and final acceptance criteria.
- Review vendor proposed solutions to determine ability to perform within stated times, review recommendations regarding the use of new or reconditioned components and arrange or approve shipping arrangements including final destination processing.
- Monitor project financials, identify variances and provide solutions to address variances.
- Communicate gas turbine MRO strategies and results, written and verbal, to stakeholders via reports, meetings, video teleconferences, and site visit discussions.
- Control the progress of complex project work within the various supporting business elements to meet member/client objectives.
- Manage small to medium level projects without direct reporting personnel by creating project oriented teams amongst staff, vendors, service providers and clients.
- Support proposal efforts and new promotional work.
- Maintain familiarity with the progress and problems in the MRO areas.
- Create national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, suppliers, and host nation representatives.
- Work independently on technical activities with limited direct supervision
- Must have experience and working knowledge of GE LM 2500 Gas Turbine Engines on both land and Sea based: U.S. Amphibious Assault ships, U.S. Destroyers, U.S. Frigates, U.S. Fast Combat Support ship, and/or U.S. Littoral Combat ships.
- Job requires some travel both domestic and international
- Apply Instructions
VSE Corporation since 1959, has provided engineering and technical services to the owners and operators of transportation and equipment assets and large, mission critical fleets, including ships, vehicles and aircraft.
We characterize the majority of our work as “sustainment services,” consisting of supply chain management (SCM) and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO). We maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System (QMS).
Our 2,500+ employees operate in 70 locations across 18 countries. Over 33% of our employees have a military background, and we are proud to serve our military community.