- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Entry level
Great Job Opportunity for a Port Technician in Baltimore, MD
Moran Baltimore, a division of Moran Towing Corporation (www.morantug.com), a leading tug and barge services company with locations spanning the U.S. Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, has a great job opportunity for a full-time Port Technician in Baltimore, MD. Moran is a growth-oriented company known for providing safe, high quality, and efficient tug assist, towing, transportation and related maritime services to our world-wide customers.
Reporting to the Port Engineer, the Port Technician must work safely according to company and regulatory guidelines and become very familiar and competent in Moran Baltimore’s vessel systems. Responsibilities include:
- Instructs/helps tug engineers in proper work techniques and job duties
- Monitors/assists with executing Moran’s Preventive Maintenance Program and Operation Management System
- Troubleshoots and repairs vessels
- Reviews logs, performance records and other documents about engineering functions aboard vessels
- Is the Fuel Transfer PIC when necessary
- Operates/maintains support equipment (crane, forklift, etc.)
- Helps purchase supplies and maintain inventories and helps plan/execute capital improvement projects
- Works business hours M-F but must be available if needed during off-hours, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum high school diploma required; maritime degree and/or education preferred
- At least 2-3 years relevant work experience required; maritime industry experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain MMD and TWIC documentation
- Good judgment, work flexibility, high initiative and organization, and must “own” the job by demonstrating high accountability for process and results
- Physical demands include:
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching, bending, stooping and crawling
- Frequent walking and mobility demands to include navigating stairs, ladders and uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing
- Occasional tool use to include wide range of combined physical motions
- Occasional lifting of heavy objects up to 75 pounds
- Ability to speak, hear and see, with color vision required
Moran Towing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Moran offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Apply Instructions
- f you have the qualifications for this job and are interested in learning and growing your career with Moran, apply online under “Careers” at www.morantug.com by submitting a cover letter and resume with the subject line Port Technician, Moran Baltimore by 6/15/18.