- Shoreside Operations
- Based on Experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
• Ability to multi-task, while maintaining careful attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
• Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
• Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to learn new programs and software.
• Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work comfortably alone
Education & Experience:
• Experience working within the Maritime industry preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in aspects of vessel management or vessel operations.
• Excellent position for retired vessel employees.
Bouchard Night Dispatchers are the points-of-contact after business hours for communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation.
• Follow and log all voyages.
• Keep terminals, refineries, ports and pilot assist tugs updated on voyage times, delays, etc.
• Update customers with vessel positions.
• Maintain communication with all vessels (tugs & barges).
• Contact day staff in an emergency.
Hours & Rotation Schedule:
• 8 hour shifts Monday – Sunday & Holidays, with a three (3) man rotation schedule.
• Major Medical
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Health Savings Account
- Apply Instructions
- To Apply: Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR visit our website and submit a secure online application at https://www.bouchardtransport.com/career/night-dispatcher
Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc.
Bouchard Transportation’s history dates back to its incorporation in 1918 by founder, Capt. Fred Bouchard, the youngest tugboat captain in the Port of New York. Bouchard is a family owned business and the nation’s largest independently owned ocean-going petroleum barge company. The company’s areas of operation span all four coasts of the United States: East, Gulf, West and Great Lakes. The fleet consists of 26 barges ranging from 25,000 to 255,000 barrels and 25 tugs ranging from 3,000 to 10,000 horsepower. As the industry goes through a period of great change, Bouchard looks towards the future with progress and adaptation in mind.