Maritime Manager of Technical Projects
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Employment type
- Full Time
International Shipping Company is currently seeking qualified maritime professional to fill the position of Manager of Technical Projects in the Engineering Department of our Bala Cynwyd, PA office, reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Bachelor Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the Engineering Department of a ship operating or marine design related company.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and or ship design management on vessel modifications, or conversion of at least $5 Million.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Coast Guard and ABS rules and regulations.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain SECRET government security clearance.
- Have a Transportation Workers identification Card (TWIC) issued by the TSA.
- Be able to pass a physical and by physically able to enter confined spaces and climb ladders aboard ships while at sea or in port.
- Provide technical and/or operational advice to the Operations, Engineering and Chartering Department as it relates to regulatory compliance, vessel modifications, new construction, and other design or naval architectural matters.
- Receive and coordinate the review of new construction contract plans, specifications, construction drawings and instruction books.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of new construction projects, including inspections; costs and schedules; contract and specification review; plan approval; trails and testing; and warranty enforcement.
- Provide technical development and project management for major vessel modifications and conversions, including engineering, plan development, regulatory body approval, material procurement and specification preparation.
- Support the Port Engineers with technical and regulatory approval of vessel modifications as required.
- Remain cognizant of and current with existing and new regulatory body rules and regulations. Perform analysis of the effect of new regulations on Company vessels and disseminate such information to the Port Engineers, Fleet Administrators and other Company management personnel.
- Represent the company in industry technical forums related to regulatory developments and new regulations.
- Undertake additional assignments as directed by the Vice President of Engineering.
The position will require relocation to Philadelphia area and require national and international travel.
We offer salary based on experience and an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
- Apply Instructions
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements to: PO Box 1106, Bala Cynwyd, PA. 19004-1496, Attention: Human Resource or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org