Manager Maintenance & Repairs
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Based on Experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering/Marine Transportation
- Minimum 5-7 years of sailing experience or equivalent shore side Maritime experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel), and NS5 a plus
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Neat & professional in appearance
The Maintenance & Repair Manager Manages the daily maintenance and repair activities of the Bouchard fleet.
• Responsible for and maintains NS5 Nautical System
• Daily reviews of NS5 maintenance system to ensure all vessels are up to date with maintenance activities.
• Assigns PO numbers and vendors for repairs requested by Vessel Supervisors.
• Inputs purchase orders assigned into NS5.
• Maintains budget information and provides monthly recaps of actual vs. budget expenditures for annual and shipyard expenditures for the fleet.
• Attends vessels during shipyard periods to review progress of repairs and budget status.
• Functions as a Vessel Supervisor for assigned group of vessels
• Is trained in emergency response and serves as a member of the oil spill response team
• Major Medical
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Health Savings Account
- Apply Instructions
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc.
Bouchard Transportation’s history dates back to its incorporation in 1918 by founder, Capt. Fred Bouchard, the youngest tugboat captain in the Port of New York. Bouchard is a family owned business and the nation’s largest independently owned ocean-going petroleum barge company. The company’s areas of operation span all four coasts of the United States: East, Gulf, West and Great Lakes. The fleet consists of 26 barges ranging from 25,000 to 255,000 barrels and 25 tugs ranging from 3,000 to 10,000 horsepower. As the industry goes through a period of great change, Bouchard looks towards the future with progress and adaptation in mind.