FY18-12 Full-time, Tenure Track Engineering Faculty
- Vessel Operations
- : Commensurate with experience and subject to the MSCA collective bargaining agreement plan. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this
- Employment type
- Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level or above requires either a:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering OR
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a terminal degree in a related discipline OR
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline with an active State Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Significant teaching experience and/or relevant professional work and industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer software skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the evaluation criteria of college-level teaching and advising.
- Understanding and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission.
- Any additional licenses or certifications related to marine, facilities, or energy systems engineering.
- Experience with ABET accreditation.
- Experience with assessment of student learning.
- Varsity athletic coaching experience at the college level.
- Prior military experience
Position: Full-time, Tenure Track Engineering Faculty
Posting: April 2018
Start date: September 2018 (Fall Term)
Position Number: FY18-12
Division: Academic Affairs; Engineering Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Supervision Received: Engineering Department Chair and Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Supervision Exercised: Subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
- Instruction of college-level courses in a variety of engineering subjects such Computer Methods, Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Engineering Design, and the accompanying labs.
- Teaching and advising in a four-year college setting.
- Apply Instructions
Application Deadline: Opened until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Applications may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a fifteen-minutepresentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Vet/Disability employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Massachusetts Maritime Academy (MMA) is a fully accredited, four-year, co-educational state university offering Bachelor and Master of Science degrees that are highly regarded in the worldwide maritime industry and beyond. Located at the mouth of the scenic Cape Cod Canal, MMA is an hour’s drive from the thriving urban communities of Boston and Providence and offers easy access to the pristine beaches of Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard.