FY17-11 & FY17-12 (2) Full-time, Tenure Track Professional Maritime Engineering Faculty
- Shoreside Operations
- : Commensurate with experience and subject to the MSCA collective bargaining agreement plan. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this
- Employment type
- Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Tenure-track appointment at the Instructor level requires:
-Bachelor’s degree, a USCG Second License OR a USCG Third License and a Massachusetts Second Engineer License, and at years full-time teaching or relevant industry experience.
- Tenure Track appointment at the Assistant Professor level requires:
-Master’s degree, a USCG First License OR a USCG Second License and a Massachusetts First Engineer License, and at least three years full-time teaching or relevant industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the evaluation criteria of college level teaching and advising
- Understanding and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission
- Faculty hired under Maritime qualifications will require Blue-Gold Sea Term participation (annual training cruise) on alternating years (all maritime safety personnel are subject to random drug testing)
- Master of Science in an engineering discipline
- Any additional licenses or certifications related to marine, facilities, or energy systems engineering
- Experience with assessment of student learning
- Varsity athletic coaching experience at the college level
Position: (2) Full-time, Tenure Track Professional Maritime Engineering Faculty
Posting: November 2016
Start date: March 2017
Position Number: FY17-11 & FY17-12
Division: Academic Affairs; Engineering Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Supervision Received: Engineering Department Chair and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Supervision exercised: Subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
- Instruction of college-level courses devoted to Machine Tool Technology, Auxiliary Machinery, Internal Combustion Engines, Steam Generators, Steam and Gas Turbines, Electrical Machines, Operational Controls, Refrigeration, and accompanying labs
- Teaching and advising in a four-year college setting
- All selected candidates must comply with Massachusetts Maritime Academy military customs, uniforms and ranks as outlined in the current contractual agreement
- Apply Instructions
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Applications may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a presentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Veteran/Disability employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.