FY17-09 Full-time, Tenure Track Engineering Faculty
- Shoreside Operations
- Commensurate with qualifications and subject to the MSCA collective bargaining agreement plan. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at
- Employment type
- Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level or above requires either a:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline OR
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and a terminal degree in a related discipline OR
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline with an active State Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Significant teaching experience and/or relevant professional work and industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the evaluation criteria of college level teaching and advising.
- Understanding and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission.
- Any additional licenses or certifications related to marine, facilities, or energy systems engineering.
Position: Full-time, Tenure Track Engineering Faculty
Posting: November 2016
Start date: September 2017
Position Number: FY17-09
Division: Academic; Engineering Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Supervision Received: Engineering Department Chair and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Supervision exercised: Subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
- Instruction of courses in a variety of engineering subjects such Computer Methods, Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials, Electrical Machines, Electronics, Operational Controls, Power Distribution, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Design, and accompanying labs.
- Teaching and advising in a four-year college setting.
- Apply Instructions
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under human resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Applications may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a presentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Vet/Disability employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.