- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- General / Operations Manager
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience within the Maritime industry preferredworking with tug and barge operations and personnel. within the Maritime industry preferred with
Fleet Manager for Growing Tug and Barge Operation in the Northeast which primarily services the Atlantic seaboard.
Good pay, medical benefits, 401K & paid vacation.
Point-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation.
- Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather.
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution.
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc.
- Assign voyages to vessels.
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges).
- Regular contact with office employees and managers.
- Daily communication with customers.