Field Engineering Technician - Nationwide
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- $50,000 to $65,000 USD
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Time flexibility and self-reliance, along with the ability to work independently, safely and communicate effectively are musts.
- Good mechanical ability, mathematical and computer aptitude.
- Marine engineering experience and shipboard knowledge Good mechanical ability, mathematical and computer aptitude.
- Familiarity/experience with vibration, thermography, and condition monitoring technology is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of machine overhaul, alignment, balancing and planned maintenance/fleet management software would be an asset.
Other assets and requirements:
- Maritime/shipboard experience
- Certified Vibration Analyst Level I or II (preferable) or equivalent (CAC may be willing to train to Level I and Level II if you have other marine engineering experience)
- Certified Thermographer Level I or equivalent (CAC may be willing to train if you have other marine engineering experience)
- TWIC (https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic)
- US Passport, US Driver’s License
Title: Field Engineering Technician (Vibration Level I or II)
Want an exciting job that will allow you to see the world and still be home for about two weeks per month? Our clients include major cargo liners, cruise ships, tankers, etc. that trade in the USA and internationally. Do you enjoy working in an engine room and collecting data and performing analysis? If so, then read on!
Ideally, we are seeking a Certified Vibration Analyst Level I or II (preferred) or equivalent experience. CAC may be willing to train if you have other marine engineering experience.
Condition Analyzing Corp. (CAC) is a leader in the industry providing vibration condition monitoring, vibration analysis, and infrared (IR)/thermographic services to our maritime clients.
For more information about the company, consult our website, www.cacvibe.com.
Major responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collect machine vibration data on all types of ships and ocean-going tugs.
- Perform infrared (IR) thermography surveys on electrical panels.
- Provide preliminary analysis on data collected to the appropriate client personnel (Chief Engineer/Marine Superintendent/Port Engineer).
- Submit data to home office via Internet for subsequent review and comprehensive analysis in accordance with company timeliness standards.
- Be prepared to answer questions from client personnel, Class (i.e. ABS, Lloyds, DNV-GL, and Coast Guard), and CAC company analysts/engineers regarding survey results.
- Arrange appropriate transportation to and from job locations in accordance with company policy.
- Light physical work in engine room and on deck machinery while at sea and dockside.
Location: Relocation may not be necessary if you live near a major airport. However, certain Florida locations are desired.
Travel: This salaried position involves domestic and international travel to and from your home base about 50% of the time.
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000 USD (depending on experience) plus 401-K plan and medical.
- Apply Instructions
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by forwarding resume in MS WORD or TEXT to: firstname.lastname@example.org.