Engineering Technician III-Electrical/Elevators (ID 719343)
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of work related experience performing condition assessments, diagnostic inspections, fault isolation and repairs on the following systems: Elevator/Conveyor systems and Electrical systems on US Navy and Coast Guard ships
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic test equipment
- Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface, coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside contacts
- Ability to read schematics and blue prints
- Ability to read technical manuals and repair standards
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed written instructions, MRC cards or drawings
- Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
- Completes functional checks, tests and analysis, fault detection and formulating required corrective actions.
- Provides assessments or certification inspections which include but are not limited to: Elevator and Conveyor, primarily onboard PACFLT Ships, including but not limited to CG, DDG, FFG, LHA, LHD, LPD, LSD, MCMs, LCS and MSC ships.
- Conducts research and provided drawings, technical manual information, design specifications, and engineering technical recommendations as required.
- Assists ships force with obtaining supply and repair parts information as required.
- Performs necessary out briefs to ship's force representatives including ship's officers, supporting personnel and customer management.
- Receives training and assistance by higher level technicians.
- Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems.
- Plans or assists in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance.
- Determines test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures.
- Conducts tests using all types of instruments.
- Analyzes and evaluates test results, prepare reports on findings and provide recommendations.
- Assists in other Product Family shops as required.
- Conducts tasking in a logical and safe manner.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and provide recommendations to the customer.
- Apply Instructions
HR Generalist II
Work Phone : 619-702-1700
San Diego, CA, 92136 United States