Engine Rating [volunteer]
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
Keeping the lights on & keeping the ship ticking,
we are very thankful for our Engineering department.
A chance to make a real difference while getting your hands dirty!
Various commitments | Marine Engineering
About the role:
The Engine Ratings are responsible to assist in routine watch keeping, maintenance, and cleaning in the Engine Room. You will work closely with the Engineer’s every day, and play a vital role in keeping everything running.
What you’ll contribute:
- Complete tasks assigned by the Chief Engineer, Second Engineer, or person in charge of the watch
- Assist with watches and maintenance work
- Assist with routine checks and appropriate duties according to watch-keeping procedures
- Record appropriate readings during watch and inform the Duty Engineer of any concerns
- Assist in general maintenance and cleaning as required
For this role, you’ll need:
- Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW A-III/4 or A-III/5
- Has successfully completed Security Awareness Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/6
- Applicant must also show at least 12 months of sea time on vessels powered by main propulsion machinery of 3,000 KW or more