Electronics Technical Officer (ETO)
- Information Technology
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
Possess the following valid certifications or licenses:
• Merchant Mariners Credentials (MMC) with OS rating
• Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC -- minimum six (6) months prior to renewal)
• Valid Driver’s License (minimum six (6) months prior to renewal)
• Valid Passport (minimum six (6)months prior to renewal)
• Minimum six months experience on vessels of similar size and route, or similar industrial environment in a position requiring similar qualifications and operational performance.
Demands and Work Environment
Incumbents must be able to:
• Lift and move equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds or more
• Move equipment that is heavy, large, and awkward, sometimes from one level to another.
• Ascend and descend stairs and ladders, sometimes while transporting tools or objects.
• Use portable ladders or stools to allow them to work on systems that are located in the overhead section of machinery spaces. Repairs may require that incumbents reach into small, poorly accessible areas of machinery.
• Work on equipment that has pressurized or hot components; secure or segregate systems to provide an adequate safety margin;
• Troubleshoot equipment that is difficult to reach
• Work in areas that have high noise levels
• Work below decks in an area that may experience periods of darkness in unusual situations; and work in confined and restricted spaces.
• Demonstrate sufficient physical dexterity to enable them to manipulate small items in restricted spaces or large objects when using mechanical lifting devices.
• Performing assigned emergency duties without undue danger to himself /herself or the vessel.
Responsible for maintaining all electrical and electronic devices onboard the vessel to which they are assigned.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Safe operation and routine maintenance of the vessel’s power, propulsion, auxiliary, and other electro-mechanical and electronic systems in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations of the vessel’s flag, the international community, company policies and procedures, and the manufacturer’s recommendations in a manner responsible to the safety of the crew.
• Under the direct and active supervision of a licensed officer, monitoring, repairing, and performing preventive maintenance in accordance with Company procedures and in a manner responsible to the safety of the crew and the protection of the natural environment.
• Responsible care and use of the vessel’s consumable spares, mechanical stores and tools inventories.
Hitch may be a 28/14 day rotation (projected to be 243 days worked per year) or a 28/28 rotation (projected to be 183 days worked per year) and will commence on or before 3/31/2018.
Pay range for this position is dependent upon vessel class, experience, licensing, and time within the industry and based on the grade levels as noted below:
ET1 $380 - $400 USD per day
ET2 $320 - $330 USD per day
ET3 $260 - $270 USD per day
Quarterly Safety Incentive Bonus Opportunity
Based on these day rate ranges and rotation the projected annual compensation would be in the range of:
ET1 $93,000 to $98,000 USD -28/14 rotation
$70,000 to $74,000 USD -28/28 rotation.
ET2 $77,000 to $81,000 USD -28/14 rotation
$58,000 to $61,000 USD -28/28 rotation.
ET3 $63,000 to $66,000 USD -28/14 rotation
$47,000 to $50,000 USD -28/28 rotation.
- Apply Instructions
Please visit our website to apply online.