- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Employment type
- Full Time
• 3-5 years’ experience as electrical engineer in shipyard. Associates or Bachelor degree not required, but a plus.
• Ability to develop equipment specifications and review vendor documents to ensure technical compliance.
• Knowledge of applicable CFR USCG, IEEE, ABYC, and other Federal regulations.
• Proficient with AutoCAD. (2010 or higher)
• Proficiency with Rhinoceros (3D) software, a plus.
• Provide engineering services during proposal, design, and construction stages for vessel projects, with strict adherence to contract specifications.
• Prepares the design of electrical drawings & vessel load analysis for submission to USCG or ABS.
• Works with project engineer to develop single line diagrams, layout & section drawings, raceway systems, grounding systems, and bill of materials.
• Write material order requisitions and obtain quotes from shipyard vendors.
• Generate hot work packages for Fab Shop submission.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Apply Instructions
Please send resume to Julie@blountboats.com or apply online at www.blountboats.com