- Shoreside Operations
- Based on Experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new programs and software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of vessel management including vessel operations.
- Experience working within the Maritime industry preferred.
Dispatchers are the points-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation. Responsibilities include:
- Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather.
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution.
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc.
- Assign voyages to vessels.
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges).
- Regular contact with office employees and managers.
- Daily communication with external customers.
- Work first four (4) Saturdays for training period from 0800 – 1200.
- Saturday & Holiday rotation schedule.
- Major Medical
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Apply Instructions
- To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com or submit a secure online application by visiting our website at https://www.bouchardtransport.com/career/operations-dispatcher-day-night
Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc.
Bouchard Transportation’s history dates back to its incorporation in 1918 by founder, Capt. Fred Bouchard, the youngest tugboat captain in the Port of New York. Bouchard is a family owned business and the nation’s largest independently owned ocean-going petroleum barge company. The company’s areas of operation span all four coasts of the United States: East, Gulf, West and Great Lakes. The fleet consists of 26 barges ranging from 25,000 to 255,000 barrels and 25 tugs ranging from 3,000 to 10,000 horsepower. As the industry goes through a period of great change, Bouchard looks towards the future with progress and adaptation in mind.