- Shoreside Operations
- Based on Experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Minimum 5-7 years experience managing and evaluating crew members.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Maritime experience and understanding of maritime licenses and regulations.
- Preferable: working knowledge of USCG regulations and the ISM Code.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be very detailed oriented.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle problems with minimal guidance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Crewing Manager is responsible for overseeing the proper crewing of the entire fleet. Responsibilities include:
- Assigns crew members to the vessels.
- Manages crew relief in the event of an emergency.
- Monitors crew change schedule vacancies to ensure safe manning of the vessels.
- Reviews all applications and qualifications of prospective crew members ensuring proper licenses and experience.
- Maintains crew member employee files, training records and crew evaluations thoroughly and efficiently.
- Arranges pre-employment physicals, drug testing and recommends qualified applicants to senior management.
- Organizes proper training for all new crew member employees.
- Apply Instructions
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc.
Bouchard Transportation’s history dates back to its incorporation in 1918 by founder, Capt. Fred Bouchard, the youngest tugboat captain in the Port of New York. Bouchard is a family owned business and the nation’s largest independently owned ocean-going petroleum barge company. The company’s areas of operation span all four coasts of the United States: East, Gulf, West and Great Lakes. The fleet consists of 26 barges ranging from 25,000 to 255,000 barrels and 25 tugs ranging from 3,000 to 10,000 horsepower. As the industry goes through a period of great change, Bouchard looks towards the future with progress and adaptation in mind.