- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Part Time
Job requirements and physical requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum two (2) years customer service experience
- Some boat equipment experiences preferred (but not necessary)
- Ability to bend and move within tight spaces
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to perceive attributes of an object/materials such as size, shapes while cruising
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including heat, rain, humidity, and sun
- Ability to utilize adequate aquatic verbal skills after training
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required equipment after training
- Per Department of Transportation regulations, must submit to pre-employment and ongoing random drug and alcohol testing
- Per United States Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Each candidate must submit to a pre-employment background check.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- Eager and energetic person with the ability to work flexible hours
- Professional appearance, and the ability to follow directions in a professional manner
- Outgoing personality with a winning team player attitude
- Possess a good sense of humor and the ability to have fun
The Wilmington Riverfront is a thriving destination rich in history and filled with recreational, cultural, retail and culinary attractions. The Riverboat Queen Boat creates long-lasting memories and great experiences for our guests. Our unsurpassed customer service and support allow us not only to meet but exceed expectations.
Seasonal: April-October 2019
The Crew Member will greet all guests and ensure each guest is attended to in an appropriate manner ensuring consistently high levels of safety, quality, service, and guest satisfaction, while maintaining a high level of financial gain.
Crew Members will ensure adherence to procedures detailed in the Management Guide. (Provided 1 day of employment)
- Reports to the Captain a n completes duties as assigned by Captain
- Thorough pre-cruise preparation, and adherence to cruise scripts is as must, such as, pre-cruise meetings regarding the cruise (special needs, boarding procedures, etc.)
- Gather pertinent cruise event details from Captain to ensure special guest requests are fulfilled
- Ensure that staff and guests adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Completes the execution of the Safety Program, including emergency drills (weekly)
- Completes the proper maintenance of all ship’s systems and boarding facilities including but not limited to gangways, fire suppression, communications, and navigation (weekly)
- Ensure adherence to Coast Guard rules and regulations, and other federal and local rules and regulations (daily)
- Ensure strict compliance to Emergency Response Plan (daily)
- Execute functions as assigned by management
- Develop positive working relationships with Captain, & RDC Management
- Complete all shift records: checklist, and documentation of safety training
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Apply Instructions
Riverfront Development Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Please submit all resumes to: Yvette Buckner at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware
The General Assembly established the Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware (RDC) to create economic vitality along Wilmington’s Christina River.
Guided by The Vision for the Rivers, the report generated by the Governor’s Task Force on the Future of the Brandywine & Christina Rivers, the RDC embarked on its mission of transforming an industrial wasteland into a thriving destination rich in history and filled with recreational, cultural, retail and culinary attractions.
Along with public funds that generated extensive private investment and tax revenues, site investigation and restoration initiatives resulted in environmental improvements on every acre of the redevelopment project. Infrastructure enhancements beautified and improved access to the area. And, while creating a tourism hub for northern Delaware, Riverfront Wilmington has evolved as an important employment center for the city.