Cadet Shipping Coordinator
- Corporate / Senior Management
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
Cadet Shipping Coordinator
About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
The Cadet Shipping Coordinator serves as part of a team of professionals in the Office of Student Affairs, which provides education, guidance and service to students of SUNY Maritime College. The Coordinator's primary responsibility is the placement of Cadets in a license-option program in an appropriate Cadet Shipping experience.
- Hold information sessions with Cadets
- Meet individually with Cadets throughout the Cadet Shipping process
- Process all required College and partnering company documentation for Cadets selected to participate in the program
- Track and monitor Cadets' progress throughout the program
- Build and maintain industry partnerships to include participation at industry events on and off campus
- Serve as POC for Cadets and partnering companies
- Collaborate as necessary with stakeholder departments such as academic departments, Registrar and Regiment
- Ensure that Cadet Shipping webpage is accurate and relevant
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with college-aged students
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Collaborative, self-directed, outcome-oriented, detail-oriented and ability to work well under time contraints
- Possession of a valid Driver's License. Must have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel (occasionally overnight) to engage in networking events with industry and alumni
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Practical industry experience both ashore and afloat
- Maritime Academy graduate
- Crewing, dispatching experience
- Working knowledge of Regiment of Cadets
Classification/Salary Range: The Cadet Shipping Coordinator is a UUP Position. The anticipated salary for the position is $50,000 - $55,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will commence immediately and conclude when position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full-time calendar year appointment UUP position. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Local Title: Cadet Shipping Coordinator
Line #: 00228
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/page/affirmative-action.
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Contact infmmation for three professional references
Returning Applicants - Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
- Apply Instructions