Boat Captain 1600+ Tons (Kwajalein- Marshall Islands)
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- 3+ years
* Three (3) years supervisory experience as a licensed officer in the deck department or three (3) years Marine Management experience.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a valid RADAR endorsement.
* U.S. Coast Guard 1600T Ocean Master license with applicable STCW endorsements for international waters.
* Preferred: U.S. Coast Guard Master of Towing Vessels endorsement.
* Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment .
This is a short term contract from December 13, 2019- March 12, 2020 with a possible 3 month extension.
Apartment and meals will be provided by US Government.
Flights and medical testing company provided.
The 1600 Ton Boat Captain, supervises assigned US Army vessels and crews in all matters, including training, safety, hiring and vessel maintenance.
* Advanced understanding of boat handling fundamentals for vessels over 1600 Tons.
* Thorough knowledge of the USCG and US Army instructions and regulations.
* Supervises the safe operation and maintenance of various US Army vessels.
* Serves as the relief captain as may be required to support the mission.
* Conducts on-the-job training of vessel captains, as may be required, to ensure they are familiar with USCG and US Army documentation requirements.
* Assists the Port Captain in daily operations and processes of the department.
* Ensures logbooks are maintained and accurately completed.
* Ensures passenger safety and crew/vessel compliance with company safety instructions and USCG and US Army regulations.
* Confers with the Port Captain on all issues pertaining to safety, discipline, budget and training.
* Accurately maintains all required logbooks and vessel documentation.
* Ensures the proper PPE for the assigned task is available and worn at all times.
* Ensures that all crew members are in compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Apply Instructions
- Please apply through the MS2USA Careers page: http://ms2usa.com/jobs/boat-captain-1600ton-kwajalein-marshall-islands/