Assistant Vice President - Fleet Manager- Asset Management Revenue
- Employment type
- Full Time
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC's Asset Management Revenue (AMR) Division manages the overall real estate strategy for conventional properties and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City including commercial sites as well as transportation, critical infrastructure, and energy assets. The Asset Management Revenue division pursues a double-bottom line strategy, targeting not just economic returns but also multiple social metrics including but not limited to job creation, sustainability, thrive in place, affordability and cultural vitality. The overall assets are divided into multiple portfolios, each managed by a Portfolio Manager/SVP, with a Portfolio Surveillance group that monitors and enforces standards and practices across the portfolio.
The Division's NYC Ferry team, within the Transportation Systems portfolio, manages the City's new public ferry transit network – which has carried over two million passenger trips since the system's launch in May 2017 – and oversees the contractual relationship with with the private operator that runs NYC Ferry on the City's behalf. The team represents one component of the broader Asset Management Division's double-bottom line portfolio of real estate properties and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City.
Your Role: As the Assistant Vice President – NYC Ferry Fleet Asset Manager, you will be responsible for working in collaboration with our operator to ensure that NYC Ferry's fleet of more than 20 vessels are constructed, operated, and maintained to the City's standards for safety, performance, longevity, and customer experience. In addition, as NYC EDC's subject matter expert for marine engineering, naval architecture, USCG regulations, and repairs, you will be the team's lead for managing and negotiating any agreements and documentation related to the fleet – such as construction, purchase, and charter agreements – and will play an integral role in our long-term planning and analysis as the system grows and matures over time.
- Provide oversight and management of all vessel construction, purchase, repairs, and capital overhauls, including audit of the Operator's relevant records and any related negotiations with the Operator or third parties.
- Manage, monitor, and audit the fleet's fuel consumption, and support the Corporation's fuel price risk mitigation efforts.
- Work with the Operator to manage and negotiate all contracts and documentation associated with vessels within the fleet and any supplemental vessels as necessary, including insurance, necessary regulatory approvals, and any charter agreements necessary to either bring on additional capacity or let out City-owned assets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the passen
- ger ferry vessel market in New York Harbor and beyond, including available assets, charter rates, and sale opportunities.
- Manage any third-party contracts related to fleet management, including support in naval architecture, engineering, owner's representation, and others.
- Work with EDC's planning departments and the Operator to perform ongoing analysis to optimize the size and composition of the NYC Ferry fleet, including reaction to long-term ridership trend predictions; analysis of vessel utilization rates, lifecycles, and overhaul periods; and analysis of the financial impacts of various size and composition scenarios, including the comparison of vessel purchase and charter options.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in finance, business, marine engineering, or related field.
- A combined 3 to 7 years of experience in any of the following positions: USCG Licensed Marine Engineer, Port Engineer, or USCG Marine Safety Officer or Marine Classification Society Auditor.
- Ability to support a team of asset managers and provide service to multiple groups with an ability to prioritize critical tasks.
- Strong sense of urgency and responsibility to achieve leasing deadlines and goals.
- Enterprising and resourceful, results oriented. Ability to manage projects against tight timelines with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present to a wide variety of audiences.
- Dedication to customer service and client coverage.
- Ability to create a team environment with public and private agencies and parties essential.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the five boroughs.
- General computer skills. Must have aptitude for learning and applying various computer programs.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adapts well to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Active Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Masters of Business Administration, Engineering Management, Public Administration, Construction Management, or Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering, or Transportation Planning, Professional Engineers License, or Unlimited Horsepower USCG Engineers License.
- Highest degree of independent judgment, ability to identify and respond to work and circumstances as required without oversight and the ability to generate and implement new ideas.
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC's mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City's competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City's many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees' talents. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401 (a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, and discounted gym memberships and movie tickets.
- Apply Instructions