- Shoreside Operations
- $32,601 Per Annum
- Employment type
- Full Time
Title, Series, Grade (Code) Assistant Storekeeper, WM 9994-15 (852)
Base Salary: $32,601 Per Annum
Type of Appointment: Excepted Service Career-Conditional
Opening Date: August 7, 2017 Closing Date August 21, 2017
Location: Military Sealift Command (MSC) Vessels Worldwide
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and current Military Sealift Command Civil Service Mariner (CIVMAR) eligible to apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Active Duty Service Members (ADSMs) must submit a certification (i.e., statement of service) at the time of application which certifies that the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Duties: The Assistant Storekeeper is responsible to the Supply Officer/Junior Supply Officer for performing Supply Department functions assigned in accordance with COMSCINST 3120 and 4000.2 series directives and Program Specific Directives. Follows procurement, receipt, storage, Quality Assurance (QA) and expenditure procedures for all types of material. This includes proper material identification, handling, inventory management, warehousing, packaging, and transportation.
Procures all shipboard requirements using Government/Commercial sources. Assists with configuration validations; processes and updates Allowance Change Requests (ACRs), Fleet COSAL Feedback Reports (FCFBRs) and Configuration Change Reports (CCRs) as directed. Assists with handling of Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) as directed. Also assists in the Supply Department requirement of monthly Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) inventories and their submission to Global Stock Control(GSC). Assists in the proper use of Supply automated programs.
Everything in this Position Description is considered to be an essential function of this position. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Must be a United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain a valid:
1. U.S. Passport with a minimum of seven (7) months
remaining of expiration date.2. United States Coast Guard (USCG) Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC), with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining of expiration date with the following endorsement(s): Ordinary Seaman, Wiper, Steward Department (FH).
3. Must have one of the following:
a. One year experience as a current Supply Utilityman.
b. Military experience in a supply/logistics rating (E-4 or above).
c. Documented Commercial Warehousing/Inventory Management experience.Evaluation Criteria: Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements described above will be further evaluated. Documented knowledge, skills, and abilities, education, training, and awards contained in the application package and resume will be reviewed and rated to determine the degree to which applicants possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below that are essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position for which applications are being considered.
1. Knowledge of basic material identification processes for standard and non-standard stock material.2. Knowledge of inventory procedures.3. Knowledge and use of Supply automated programs.Related MSC, military, and/or commercial experience, etc., will also be part of the rating process.
Conditions of Employment 1. CIVMAR positions are subject to drug urinalysis testing.
2. Able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility and assignment to a sensitive position.
3. Able to successfully pass the physical examinations (arranged by MSC) and maintain MSC medical requirements. Participate in vaccine immunization; including a tuberculosis (TB) screening test is also required. TB screening is not provided at the MSC-arranged medical examination, but can usually be obtained from your personal medical provider or free at any local public health clinic. If you have previously had a positive TB skin test (i.e. a CONVERTER or REACTOR), another skin test is not required. You must instead provide the medical department written proof that you have completed treatment with medicine (i.e. INH), or that you have started treatment with medicine, or that such treatment is not warranted as determined by competent medical authority.
4. Attend and successfully complete all mandatory training courses, including personal survival, which requires the ability to float in the water for a minimum of sixty (60) seconds.
5. Be ready, willing, and able to physically perform the duties of this position worldwide at all times.
6. Be ready, willing, and able to work in a shipboard environment and wear protective equipment worldwide at all times.
7. Entry-level positions require candidates to pass an English language competency test.
8. Participate in direct deposit/electronic funds transfer as the standard method of payroll payments.
9. Capable of speaking, understanding, reading and writing the English language.NOTE:
a. The tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to report to any of the scheduled appointments, fails the physical examination, fails the language competency test, fails the drug test, fails to disclose employment information, fails to report to new employee orientation, or is unable to obtain a security clearance.
b. On a case-by-case basis, an applicant who accepts a tentative offer of employment will be required to provide a VA Rating Decisions and/or Office of Worker’s Compensation Program (OWCP) Scheduled Awards.
- Apply Instructions
How to Apply: All applications for employment with Military Sealift Command must be submitted through www.sealiftcommand.com/start-the-process.
To begin the process you must submit an Information Request Form (IRF).
Your IRF submission will create a secure online profile after which you will receive an email to verify your account. Once verified, you will be able to complete the application process. Applications for this position can only be submitted during the announcement open period (Eastern Standard Time). Please note the email address you create will be used by the Command to correspond with you.
In addition to meeting the minimum conditions of employment, you will be required to scan and upload .jpg or .pdf files of the following documents:
1. Front and back of United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC), Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), United States Coast Guard license, and/or STCW certificate, and U.S. Passport.
2. Relevant professional certificates as applicable for this position i.e. American Culinary Federation (ACF), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal, Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS), Security Plus, etc.
3. If you are a current or former federal government employee, a copy of your most recent Notice of Personnel Action (SF-50).
4. If you served in the U.S. military service, you must provide a copy of your Certificate of Discharge (DD-214) that shows the type of discharge you received. This information is located under the “Character of Service” block of your DD-214. If you are claiming 10 points or higher veteran’s preference you must provide supporting documentation such as a completed Application for Preference (SF-15) www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. Additional information on veteran’s preference is available at http://www.fedshirevets.gov/. You will also be required to provide a copy of the VA Rating Decisions upon accepting the tentative offer of employment.
5. Last five (5) years of performance evaluations (if available) and training certificates applicable to the position you are applying for.
6. Job related honors, awards, and special accomplishments; for example, military, government or recognized professional organizations related to the maritime field and performance awards.
You will be able to upload and store versions of these documents in your secure online profile. NOTE: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the documents scanned and uploaded are legible. You have the ability to crop and view each document that is uploaded.
You will not be able to submit an application unless you have uploaded the required documentation as indicated here.
Applicants may be interviewed prior to being selected for employment.
How To Contact Us: If you require technical support, please use the support tab located in the top right corner of the Start the Process page www.sealiftcommand.com/start-the-process. This will generate an email a message for you to submit your issue. Emails will be responded to during business hours M-F 0800 – 1700 CST.
If you have any questions regarding the position or to follow up on an application submitted, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (757) 341-4610 or (757) 341-4611, or our toll-free recruitment hotline at 1-877-562-7672 during the hours of 0700 to 2000 EST.
NOTE: FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED INFORMATION REQUESTED FOR THIS POSITION WILL ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
Federal job applicants who make a false statement in any part of the application could be turned down for the job, fired after beginning work, or subject to fine, imprisonment (U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 1001), or other disciplinary action.Employment of Federal Civilian Annuitants: Selection of CIVMAR annuitants for MSC positions must be approved by the Director for Civilian Human Resources. Annuitants serve at the will of the appointing officer.Benefits Information: In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or re-determined annuity for the reemployed period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United Stated Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)Annuitants are not eligible for recruitment and retention incentives.YOU MAY NOT BE HIRED IF YOU FAIL TO REPORT:
1. Previous security clearance issues (intents to deny or the revocation of security clearances).
3. Previous felony convictions where actual time was served in jail for more than one (1) year.
Any questions relative to this issue should be directed to the CIVMAR Support Center at 866-562-7672.MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will receive consideration without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, lawful political affiliation, non-disqualifying disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or other personal condition unrelated to the applicant’s basic ability to perform satisfactorily. Please visit www.msc.navy.mil/civmar/eeo.htm for more information. Determinations of whether an accommodation is appropriate shall be made by the agency as soon practicable, after the initial application process and shall be made with regard to all applicable statutes and regulations. If assistance is required to complete the application process, interested applicants should call our CIVMAR Support Center at the above number and refer to the “How to Apply” section of this announcement.