PAINTING AND COATING INSPECTOR
Education, Experience & Location
India KERALA kollam
Objective: - Having +5 (five) years in Inspection & Quality Control including supervision & coordination, inspection and responsible for general quality control activities to confirm that they comply with specified procedure or Client requirement.
1. AL TURKI ENTERPRISES L.L.C, Muscat, Oman
(Al Turky Enterprises L.L.C is specializes in Oil & Gas fields. ATE has established and implemented the Quality Management system in accordance with ISO 9001: 2000)
Period : 9th May 2009 to till date.
Designation : QC Inspector Painting/Coating
Industry : Oil & Gas Industry
Client : Petroleum development of Oman
Duties & Responsibilities
• Implementation and monitoring of Contract Quality Plan, Quality control Plan , Quality work Procedures and Work Instructions
• Inspection and verification of the activities at relevant stages as per the approved Quality Control Plans, Contract Quality Plans
• Monitoring effective implementation of relevant stages as per the approved Quality Control Plans, Contract Quality Plans.
• Responsible for monitoring all parameter during blasting and painting.
• Verification of calibration of all measuring & testing equipments pertaining to each activity.
• Ensure that the raw materials used for work are in compliance with specified requirements through receiving inspection.
• Verification of abrasive type, size and trade mark as per the specification
• Carrying out routine checks on spray pumps blast pots and other related equipments.
• Carrying out routine checking of Equipments like quality of air supply from air compressors, discharge pressure of blasting equipments, pressure ratio & tip size of spraying equipments (Conventional/ Airless spray pump)
• Ensure that paint system is selected as per the specification, maintaining the WFT and DFT as per manufacture’s data sheet and recommendations.
• Monitoring the storage, handling, shelf life and mixing ratio of paint consumables.
• Checking and recording of weather condition like Relative humidity, dew point, lighting, wind speed, dust , sand, fog, mist, moisture on surface etc.,
• Surface condition prior to blast cleaning & after blast cleaning.
• Ensure that Dry abrasive blast cleaning; Hand & Power tool cleaning is achieved as per International standards.
• Ensure the protection of other surfaces like valves, gauges, name plates, and weld joints, etc., by masking it during Blasting & painting.
• Checking of visual defects like cracks, runs, sags, wrinkles, brush/roller marks etc.,
• Testing of Presence of Salts & Chlorides, Dust, Moisture, Oil & Grease, Holiday Pinhole detection. Viscosity, WFT, DFT, Adhesion, Hardness, Flexibility, Impact resistance, Opacity Cross Cut, Coverage, etc.
• Following safety rules during the work and conducting tool box meeting for the work force daily to work safely by avoiding all potential and direct hazards.
• Train the Painting Supervisors/Foreman on QCP’s.
• Carrying out the scheduled audits of Projects activities or of the quality System elements
• Identification of the non-conformances at any stage of the execution.
• Investigating, analyzing and reviewing the cause for the non-conformances and to provide the support to the site engineers to implement the identified corrective/preventive actions
• Monitor subcontractors activity as per the subcontractors approved contract quality plans, and their performance.
• Compilation of Test packs as per PDO requirements and obtaining approval by PDO.
• Liaise with site manger/works coordinator and PDO inspection personnel regarding quality matters.
• Provide feedback to Sr./QA Engineer of all quality related matters.
Major Project Completed
• Off Plot delivery contract No.C/31 0604, Painting/Coating of under ground and above ground oil flow lines at Nimr, Marmul & Bhaja area for Petroleum Development of Oman.
• Painting/Coating works of Under Ground and Above Ground Pipe lines and steel structures for Amal Steam Project in Amal fields’ area for Petroleum Development of Oman.
• Painting/Coating works of Above Ground Pipe lines and steel structures for Marmul flooding project for Petroleum Development of Oman.
• On plot Painting activities in Budhur NE-3 & Heat Shrink sleeve application for Budhur NE-3 Project, 6” Pipe line 3.5 Kms.
• On Plot Painting activities in Budhur NE-1 & NE-2 & Heat Shrink sleeve application for Budhur to Birba Project, 10” Pipe line 21 Kms.
• On Plot painting activities in Rima Gathering Station & STOPAQ Application for Road Crossings and Wadi crossing for Maha – Rima projects 11.5 Kms.
• Rehab Heat Shrink sleeve application for Project, 6” Pipe line 20 Kms.
1) Nimr integrity Project
2. WORK EXPERIENCE
Company : Airtech Engineers, Gokul Nagar, Trichy,
Duration : January 2005 to April 2009
Client : SUZION T.P.L (Tata Projects Limited)
Position : QC Painting Inspector
• Meeting with the client. Analyzing the specification/quality requirement as painting and coating system.
• Daily climate condition checking and recording in the log book.
• Verification of the paint batch certificate and expiry date, container condition and storage condition.
• Verification of Abrasives condition, salt analysis check certificate.
• Verification of surface preparation meeting the required profile as per specification.
• Based on technical manufacture date sheet, mixing ratio and safety requirement will be discussed with the paint applicator.
• Co-ordinates with the client for approval and dispatch / further process.
• Familiar with single pack, two pack coating system epoxy, Polyurethane, etc.,
• Project work involved in all kind of protective coating system grit blasting and painting/coating of above ground structure and external and internal surface of wind mills
Nature of Work
A) Ambient condition checking ( Dry bulb, Wet bulb, Surface Temp, Dew point and Relative humidity)
B) Blasting Profile, Salt contamination, Dust contamination and Surface cleanliness checking as per specification.
C) Dry Film Thickness (DFT) for the each coating.
D) Preparation of Inspection request.
E) Check the correct painting system is applied as per data sheet.
F) Document the batch no of the painting system.
G) Visual inspection of the painted components.
H) Holiday / Pinhole inspection.
I) Adhesion test for new batch of the coating material.
J) Report preparation for the painted components.
Exposure to Instruments
• Environmental Test Equipment (Ambient condition checking)
(Sling Psychrometer & Surface Thermometer)
• Surface profile checking (TESTEX –TAPE)
• (Anchor pattern comparator, Replica tape & Micrometer)
• Salt contamination checking. SCM 400
• Soluble salt contamination test : Bresle Patch Test)
• Coating thickness – Magnetic / Electromagnetic Gauges.
• Holiday / Pin hole Detector (High Voltage / Low voltage)
• Pull-off Adhesion – Dolly test .
• Tape test - Adhesion tester (X cut and Cross hatch adhesion)
• Painting Inspection Gauge (Tooke Gauge)
English : Fluent (Speak read and write)
Hindi : Fluent (Speak read and write)
Malayalam : Fluent (Speak read and write)
Tamil : Speak.
SAFETY TRAINING & OTHER COURSES COMPLETED
• H2S Awareness & Escape
• Basic Life Support
• STOP Observation
• Health Safety Environment Policy
• Self contained Breathing Apparatus
• Leadership Motivation Programs
• B. Sc Industrial Chemistry from Kerala University 2001.
• Diploma in Industrial Safety from Annamalai University 2008.
• NACE Coating Inspector Programme Level –I in January 2009.
• NACE Coating Inspector Programme Level –2(marine) in January 2010
PAINTING AND COATING INSPECTOR WITH ADVISOR.
NACE-2 MARINE CERTIFIED INSPECTOR