Director of Safety and Regulatory Compliance
Stabbert Maritime, A Seattle based maritime firm operating subsea construction and multi-purpose science vessels, is looking for a new team member to join the organization as the Director of Safety and Regulatory Compliance.
The Director of Safety and Regulatory Compliance is the senior staff manager overseeing the company’s safety programs, safety manuals, including ISM, acting as the company’s Designated Person Ashore (DPA), Company Security Officer (CSO), and Regulatory Affairs manager.
• Research and review company’s regulatory and legal issues, related to governing vessel operations.
• Monitor compliance with environmental regulations, particularly those related to marine pollution.
• Responsible for all matters related to vessel classification societies.
• Act as Company Security Officer (CSO) and liaise with local Department of Homeland Security (DHS) authorities or appropriate flag administration.
• Write, submit, and obtain approval, implement, and audit vessel security plans.
• Corporate Compliance and Safety Officer with oversight of the ISM.
• DPA/ISM Auditor.
• Review and advise HR/operations on crew licensing questions as required.
• Works with Vessel Operation Managers, Vessel Coordinators, and Port Engineers to provide administrative direction for standardization of vessel policies and procedures, e.g. vessel turnover, regulatory budgets, port clearances, inventories, etc.
• Build relationships with clients and regulatory bodies, ensuring the company HSE standards are in line with their requirements.
• Ensure the company and vessels are in compliance with regional specific laws and international standards of HSEQ. Issue fleetwide safety alerts as necessary.
• Lead or Participate in incident or accident investigations as directed.
• Prepare executive reports on HSEQ performance and recommend areas of improvement.
• Establish a culture of leadership and commitment to HSEQ, leading to organizational improvements.
• Review vessel contracts to ensure conformance with laws and regulations.
• Perform other miscellaneous functions as may be assigned from time to time.
• Company Security Officer Certified
• DPA Certified
• ISM Auditor Certified
• 5+ years sailing experience as Master
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred