Johnson Bros Corporation a Southland Company continues to be a recognized leader in the Heavy Highway Bridge Construction Industry since 1929. www.johnson-bros.com
Position: Maritime Fleet Manager / Captain
Location: Florida (USA)
Primary Function: Maritime Fleet Manager / Tug Captain responsible for day to day operations of Heavy Construction Bridge Contractor operations and safe navigation of the fleet vessels. Directs the activity of crew members to ensure duties are performed according to Company Policy, state and federal laws and regulations. Develops, coordinates, trains and ensures implementation of navigational policies and procedures. Responsible for selection of project vessels, oversees building of tow layout, selection of passage, and crew selection.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure that safety is the highest priority. Aware of safety precautions and understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
• Develop, coordinate and ensure implementation of navigational policies and procedures to include monitoring passage planning, preparing comprehensive voyage plans.
• Assist in developing and maintaining vessel specific operating procedures, dynamic positioning and cargo securing.
• Ensure that vessels are in regulatory compliance.
• Ensure organization of, oversee and approve the overall maintenance, inspection, and certification programs for the hull and marine-related equipment/machinery.
• Develop and implementation of maritime training for company personnel.
Education and License Requirements:
• College Degree or equivalent Military skills
• Possess USCG Licensing – Master of Towing Vessels
• Command experience as a vessel Captain
• Valid TWIC Card
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
Johnson Bros is a DFWP & EOE/AA Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran