Port Angeles Washington
Come live and work in the beautiful Northwest. Named one of the top ten small towns in America for Livability.
Arrow Marine Group has been a marine logistics firm for over 25 years with an outstanding service and safety record. Whether it is people, supplies or parts that need to be ferried around the globe or out to a ship, this organization does it all. DELIVERED. SAFE. Successful candidate MUST have the ability to track multiple jobs, perform scheduling and tracking movement of people and projects while taking information on multiple-radios, the phone, in person and by email. This is a high tempo position.
• Constructs and executes dynamic daily customer service schedules for vessel crews and equipment in four (4) geographically separated ports, a maintenance facility, and a warehouse
• Considers all appropriate factors such as crew qualifications, equipment capabilities, weather and time available when making scheduling and tasking decisions
• Coordinates real time changes of personnel and cargo movements during shift as requested by customers in conjunction with vessel crews, maintenance personnel and operations staff.
• Produces and completes job documentation, reports, billing and other internal records.
• Manages travel and lodging for crews and equipment temporarily assigned to a different port.
• May assist in crew and equipment dispatching on weekends and during evening hours.
• Primary point of contact for emergency situations and actions regarding vessels and crews and communicates according to established procedures
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to effectively communicate in English with management, vessel crews and customers
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and organize solutions into an efficient company work schedule
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and company’s internal database system.
• Proficiency using multi-line telephone and radios to communicate with customers and crew
• Ability to understand complex verbal and written instructions
• High attention to detail with ability to translate complex requests into organized tasks
• Ability to function successfully in a family owned family run business
• HIGH School diploma or (GED) or combination of education and relevant work experience
• Maritime degree highly desired
• Minimum 2 years experience in dispatch function with complex personnel/equipment scheduling responsibilities
Previous employment as a military or transportation broker a plus! After training, successful candidate will rotate shifts with other Dispatch staff.