Moran Towing Corporation (www.morantug.com), a leading tug and barge services company with locations spanning the U.S. Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, has an immediate opening for a Drydock Superintendent. Moran is a growth-oriented company committed to providing safe, high quality, and efficient tug assist, towing, transportation and related maritime services to our world-wide customers.
The Drydock Superintendent is a member of the Engineering Services Department and reports to the Vice President of Engineering Services. This is a salaried, exempt position with no direct reports. The Drydock Superintendent provides direct on-site management of tank and dry bulk barge drydockings and extended repair periods at shipyards throughout Moran’s operating area. The successful candidate will work in shipyards mainly on the East and Gulf Coasts of the United States while repairs are ongoing and from their home in-between yard periods. Although not required, preference will be given to those who reside in the New York, NY or Tampa, FL areas. The incumbent along with the Senior Drydock Superintendent will serve as the primary Moran contacts for the bid process, shipyard selection and price negotiation for all barge drydockings.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Be the primary regulatory body interface for required inspections and surveys. This includes accompanying United States Coast Guard (USCG) Inspectors and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Surveyors on all structural and system inspections/surveys while the vessel is in the shipyard.
• Develop shipyard specifications through interface with Operations Department and vessel visits prior to repair period.
• Provide an internal initial cost estimate for each drydocking period.
• Develop a full, detailed schedule for each drydocking period.
• Directly manage on-site to ensure work is completed per specifications in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Provide weekly progress reports outlining status of ongoing repairs.
• Order all owner-furnished equipment required during drydocking.
• Develop a drydocking report and cost summary upon completion of repair period.
• Provide occasional supervision of voyage repairs on an as needed basis.
• Marine engineering degree preferred or equivalent related experience.
• At least 2 years sea-going or related experience.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
• Ability to perform inspections within confined spaces (limited access/head room).
• Ability to climb, reach overhead and lift.
• Ability to working in a wide range of temperatures and environments (dust, fumes).
• Working weekends during vessel drydockings.
• USCG license preferred.
Moran Towing Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Moran offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or visit www.morantug.com,then click on "Careers" to send your cover letter and resume.