A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Position: Assistant Director, Cooperative Education
Office of Career and Professional Services
Posting: July 2014
Start Date: 01 October 2014
Position Number: FY15-03
Division: Academic Division
Union Affiliation: Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
Supervision Received: Director of Shore-side Career Services
Supervision exercised: Subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
• Assist with planning and implementation of the services provided by the Office of Career and Professional
Services, including but not limited to, Career Fairs, Advisory Boards, Employer Presentations and visits.
• Provide career counseling services to students seeking co-op opportunities and permanent employment.
• Provide career services support to alumni looking to hire/fill positions or alumni searching for future
• Assist with recruiting activities.
• Work directly with the MMA Engineering Department Chair to support the assigned engineering majors.
• Conduct career workshops.
• Collect data from students, alumni, and employers regarding placement.
• Develop professional relationships with cadets, faculty, staff, alumni and industry professionals.
• Participate in Academy functions such as Open House, Orientation, Registration and Commencement.
• Participate on Career Services Advisory Board and other academic advisory boards.
• Maintain Career Services website.
• Assist with departmental marketing needs and publication materials.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree.
• Five years of professional experience either in an educational setting or industry-specific position(s).
• Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Office, database management).
• Excellent interpersonal, administrative and communication skills.
• Previous knowledge/experience in higher education and/or career services.
• Understanding of career development issues.
• Ability to work in a military-like environment.
• Familiarity with Massachusetts and New England industries related to facilities and engineering, power
distribution and environmental technology.
• Ability and interest in coaching.
Salary: $45,000 to $50,000 annually FLSA status: Exempt
Deadline for application: 15 August 2014. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, a MMA application,
Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the
employment quick link on our website: www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent
electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human
Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a
drug screening, pre-employment physical, and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Veteran/Disabled employer. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.