Job Title: General Manager
Department/Location: Harley Marine New York – Brooklyn, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations
Responsible for the day to day operation of Harley Marine New York. Supervises all department managers and responsible for revenue and profitability of the company.
• Daily supervision of department managers.
• Marketing of company services and exploring new business.
• Manage generation of financial and operating reports.
• Develop policies and procedures to manage the company.
• Generates company annual and strategic plans.
• Profitability of company in relation to budgets and plans.
• Development of managerial skills in the organization.
• Successful development of new business.
• Development of efficient processes and controls to manage business.
• Perform other duties as required by the President and Board of Directors.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with tank barge operations, ship operations, and
terminal/refinery operations. Familiar with accounting procedures, financial reports,
cost accounting, management of medium size businesses.
• General knowledge of oil transportation industry, accounting skills and experience,
financial and operational analysis skills and experience.
• Oil or Marine Industry operational and management experience.
• Four year college degree in technical discipline.
• MBA or similar formal management training.
• 10 years of experience working with marine & petroleum transportation.
• 15 years of increasingly responsible general management experience.
• Extensive experience managing managers and supervisors.
• Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
• Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft Word and Excel.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT and CONDITIONS
• May be required to work extra hours to meet deadlines for financial statements and other
projects when needed.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.