Senior Level Management Position- Marine Engineering
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees a marine department consisting of Port Engineers, Vessel Condition Surveyors, Welders/Fabricators, Documentation Administration and contractors as needed.
• Responsible for timely and cost effective hull and machinery repair, maintenance, engineering modifications and drydockings of a fleet of approximately 50 to 60 ocean going and river tugs, deck barges and landing craft utilized in the carriage of container and breakbulk cargo between Seattle, Alaska and Hawaii.
• Provides direction, mentoring and leadership.
• Prepares proposals, scopes of work, budgets and schedules that encompass financial cost-benefit and engineering recommendations.
• Monitors and maintains current knowledge and compliance with American Bureau of Shipping, Coast Guard vessel other governmental regulatory requirements.
• Provides new construction recommendations and oversight and vessel retirement planning proposals.
• Maintains communication with Cargo Operations Management with the intent of performing vessel maintenance and drydockings to not interfere with cargo handing or voyage schedules and to provide vessel modifications that increase cargo operations efficiency.
• Maintains communication with Marine Operations Manager with regards to motorized vessel operations requirements and Captain and boat Engineer feedback.
• Bachelor degree required. Degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture preferred.
• Financial background/experience or an MBA would be of benefit.
• 3-5 years’ experience sailing as a licensed engineering officer on ocean tugs and familiarity with river towing conditions preferred but not required.
• 10-15 years’ experience as a Port Engineer and Department Manager.
• Ability to make coherent and concise presentations to Executive Management.
• Knowledge of ABS Nautical Systems 5 software for tracking vessel maintenance and documentation would be beneficial.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word and CAD.
Salary and Bonus together will range from $140K-$165k per year.