SHIPYARD PROJECT MANAGER
Lake Union Drydock Company, a Seattle shipyard, has an opening for a Shipyard Project Manager. Only candidates with the required experience will be considered for the position. Local candidates or those able to self-relocate are encouraged to apply.
• Plan and coordinate activities of ship repair project to ensure that it is completed within the prescribed time and funding parameters
• Work independently and as part of the production team
• Confers with supervision and project management staff, and project inspectors and suppliers of services and materials, to resolve repair problems, and to improve repair methods of standard vessel maintenance work.
• Maintain effective working relationship with supervisors, craft workers, customers, and other project managers.
• Review employee training needs.
• Maintain production schedules, project budgets, and project expenditures.
• Manage change orders and quality control.
• Oversee product development
• Develop, produce and maintain progress reports
• Set and manage project expectations with union production employees
• Identify and resolve project issues and conflicts
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of principles and practices of marine and/or electrical engineering; marine-related equipment, ship repair and construction techniques; sequencing of ship repair activities; shipyard safety practices; and complex mathematical principles as applied to ship repair/construction activities.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products and Microsoft Project.
• Work involves visiting work sites both indoors and outdoors at all times of the year.
• Must have eight to ten years of relevant experience in ship construction or repair preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of Federal, State and local marine regulations regarding workplace safety in construction and contracting.
• Ability to work nights and weekends, as required.
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as respirators, hard hats, and safety footwear.
• Non-union, non-exempt
• Salary range: $65,000-$90,000, depending upon qualifications
• Benefits offered: Medical, vision, dental, vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, 401(k) plan, profit sharing after one year of service, and life insurance
For consideration, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Shipyard Project Manager” as the subject. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Lake Union Drydock Company is an Equal Opportunity Company.