Lake Union Drydock Company, a Seattle shipyard, has an opening for a Marine Estimator. Only candidates with the required experience will be considered for the position. Local candidates or those able to self-relocate are encouraged to apply.
• Complete estimates for assigned projects, either independently or as part of the estimating team.
• Support proposal team by performing quantity survey and cost estimates for assigned portions of projects.
• Review, interpret, quantify, accurately estimate cost, and analyze the work described in the technical specification documents.
• Solicit, collect and analyze subcontractor/vendor budgets, bids or quotations associated with assigned proposal.
• Provide comparison of cost to perform work in house versus utilization of subcontractors.
• Attend pre-bid ship checks on board vessels and post-bid meetings with the customer, as required.
• Present the scope of work, estimated costs, risks and opportunities to management during the final review of assigned estimates.
• Prepare work schedules in Microsoft Project for submission with proposals.
• Review and monitor ongoing jobs for changes from original specifications. Estimate cost of change orders.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have eight to ten years of related experience and/or training. Marine Engineering/Transportation experience is preferred.
• Advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel and Project.
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical specifications.
• Ability to comprehend an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to travel occasionally to complete ship checks.
• Non-union, non-exempt
• Salary range: $55,000-$72,000, depending upon qualifications
• Benefits offered: Medical, vision, dental, vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, 401(k) plan, profit sharing after one year of service, and life insurance
For consideration, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marine Estimator” as the subject. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Lake Union Drydock Company is an Equal Opportunity Company.