ROUTE ANALYST TECHNICIAN
I. About Applied Weather Technology
Applied Weather Technology (www.awtworldwide.com), a StormGeo Company is the leading provider of fleet optimization services and onboard voyage management software designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel efficient routes for their fleets, as well as reduce fuel consumption, costs and carbon emissions. AWT is a growing company focused solely on the maritime industry and staffed by world-renowned experts in ship routing, meteorology, IT, and maritime science, as well as former ship captains. Using the most sophisticated technology available, AWT routes more ships per month than any other company. Founded in 1996, AWT is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California where the main 24/7 operations center is located. A second operations center and back up data center is located in Hopewell Junction, New York. International sales and customer service offices are located in the UK, Germany, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Japan, Korea, and New Jersey.
II. The Role
Reporting to the Route Analyst Technician Supervisor, the Route Analyst Technician supports the Routing Operations department, responsible for recommending the optimum ship route to AWT clients. Route Analyst Technicians sort, process and review incoming messages from ship captains and clients with a primary focus on data management and client/master service. Through this process they provide quality control for all voyage data and send messages to ship captains and clients for data requests. Route Analyst Technicians are also responsible for handling new voyage applications received from masters, clients and sales offices. Support is also given to the Position Entry department when needed to assist in the input of messages from ship captains, clients and sales offices.
Candidates with experience as a deck officer, navigation officer, ship operator, and voyage manager will have many of the required skillsets required for this position.
- Minimum B.S. degree or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology or Physical Science or very high performance at Route Analyst Technician level.
- Minimum four to five years of marine weather forecasting experience preferably as Navy or Air Force Weather Officer.
- Ability to enter data accurately.
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities.
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills.
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills.
- Able to work flexible rotating shifts with varying days off, work nights and/or weekends.
AWT offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
This is a full time non-exempt position working from either our office in Sunnyvale, CA or Hopewell Junction, NY.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org