Assists in the daily chartering and operations for worldwide shipments of industrial materials.
Essential Job Duties:
• Collects freight market intelligence, identifies and analyzes trends, run voyage calculations.
• Markets cargoes and contract vessels from the freight market, with emphasis on the Atlantic basins
• Supports internal network of traders with freight rates, contract review, and shipping information.
• Effectively manages internal and external customer relationships.
• Supports management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
• Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
• Working knowledge of voyage calculation programs, Oracle systems, and foreign language abilities preferred.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in international business or related field required.
• Three years of dry bulk chartering experience with progressive responsibility.
• Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
• As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
• May be required to move about to coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
• Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer