HARLEY MARINE SERVICES
Job Title: Regional Marine Safety Advisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Type: Regular Full Time
Reports to: Regional HSQ Manager (Existing Safety Manager)
The Regional Marine Safety Advisor is responsible for ensuring compliance of and providing support to HMS Health, Safety and Quality Programs.
• Ensuring that all marine operations are conducted with due regard to the safety of personnel, vessel and environment.
• Monitor all Marine activities and operations related to HSQ and Security.
• Ensuring all activities are conducted to ensure implementation and adherence to the requirements of the Safety Management System and those specific accountabilities documented and summarized in the Marine Operations Manual.
• Liaise with company personnel regarding HSQ issues.
• Perform Safety Inspections and Visits aboard vessels and regional facilities.
• Assist in conducting ISM Audits onboard company equipment and facilities.
• Assist Regional Operations in HSQ New Hire Orientations
• Assist in coordinating and executing Company Training Seminars, Safety meetings and Drills.
• Assist HSQ Manager in maintaining regional compliance with all Local, State and Federal Regulations.
• Advise vessel crews and field staff on Safety related items and areas for improvement.
• Advise the HMS Safety Team on Safety related items and areas for improvement.
• Assist in new project development as requested.
• Perform incident investigations.
• Assist in management of company safety program.
• Promote Accident & Spill Free Operations in the workforce.
• Serve as a member of the Regional Emergency Response team and respond to company reported incidents according to Company Policy.
• Support the HSQ Manager on Regional Incident Investigations.
• Assist in the training and professional skill and safety development of marine personnel.
• Help improve the safety record of vessels and crews.
• Assist in the development of company operating procedures.
• Perform in the company Spill Management team as assigned.
• Valid State driver’s license
• 40 Words per Minute
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with tug and barge/oil transportation industry.
• Trained in Incident Investigations: To be obtained within 6 months of hire.
• Trained in ISM Auditing: Including ISO 9001, 14001 and OH&S 18001: To be obtained within 6 months of hire.
• Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Ability to research Regulatory information.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications.
• Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
• Must be able to read, speak, write, type, and understand English in person and over telephone.
• Must be familiar with tank barge operations, ship operations, and terminal/refinery operations.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT and CONDITIONS
• Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Must be available to take emergency calls on a designated call schedule.
• Required to board tugs, barges, and ships, at dock or at anchor in all weather conditions and at all hours.
• Required to directly supervise the Regional Marine Safety Advisor.
Please apply only online at: http://www.harleymarine.com/careers.asp